perfectwound
About Perfect Wound


Name::Perfectwound
From::Singapore
I like blood and gore but I've sympathy for mankind, I appreciate violences and twisted minds but like peace, I enjoy destructions but crave for hope. Most of the time I don't even understand myself,sometimes i don't even know me... ...
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

A New Beginning
Hi, My Name Is...
MYOB
Fucked Up
Don't Look Back In Anger
Days Of My Life
My Old Man
Goodbye My Lover
Tripping
Cooked Buns

Archives

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
November 2006
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007

More Sick Stuff Coming Here Soon

**

28 April, 2006

Please Have A Heart, Not Made Of Steel

After reading an article on a local newspaper recently, I went to visited a photo exhibition and left the place with a deep impact on my mental state. And I'm feeling kind of bad for posting up this so late, as the exhibition is going to end soon.

Award-winning photojournalist Nick Danziger visited eight of the world's poorest countries and captured their daily lives, thoughts and problems they faces. Below are some informations and photos from the exhibiton, and these photos really means much more than a thousand words to me. Hope you feel the same way too.

If you are interested in contributing to help the suffering people, or want to adopt a less fortunate children, please visit World Vision, Singapore for more details. Your help really means a lot to them.



'eight - forty stories, eight goals, one world'
Dates : 7 - 30 April 2006
Venue: Photographic Society of Singapore
30 Selegie Road, Selegie Arts Centre Singapore 180030

Available for public viewing from 9am to 5:30pm daily






Ayaz's father developed a chronic cough and was admitted to a TB clinic. Shortly after, he died of AIDS. Ayaz is no longer in school as he needs to support his family. Currently, 40 million people worldwide are living with HIV/AIDS, and 95% of these lives in the world's poorest countries.


Abbas, 15, has worked in the mines for three years. He works from six am until seven pm, seven days a week, having only two days off annually. Although his village is 12 kilometres from the mine he hasn't been home since he arrived. About a year ago, his boss fell down the hole and died. "I'm not sure how old he was. I was afraid to go down the mineshaft after that happened. But I have to earn money, so I go down."

Rakia, and her daughter live in a tiny straw hut. Rakia is an orphan and is living in on less than 60 pence a day. "There is nothing to eat here," says Rakia. "I borrow food from neighbours. My daughter and I do not eat everyday, we did not eat yesterday and I have nothing to give my daughter tonight."

<<<<<< My Fucking Entry Ends Here >>>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home